Monday, January 30, 2012

Song of Ice & Fire Fans: How do you like Game of Thrones so far?

I read the first book years ago (and have forgot much of the plot), so I'm re-reading the books. I'm also watching the series and find the production very well done and engrossing.



What do you think of the TV series? Even though GRRM is working closely with HBO production, do you feel it's stayed true to the books, or the essence of the books? :)Song of Ice %26amp; Fire Fans: How do you like Game of Thrones so far?
I freakin' love it. Except there's one thing that I think sort of streamlines the plot, having read the books.

The villains (we know who they are) are so blatantly obvious, they actually give it away during new dialogue scenes. I liked how you were never sure of a person's intentions before... but now that's not the case.

Oh well, I still think its one of the best TV shows I've ever seen!Song of Ice %26amp; Fire Fans: How do you like Game of Thrones so far?
As a fan of the books (not die hard fan or anything of that nature) I would like to see the series on TV however I don't have Sky or know any descent websites to watch it on. Although I have seen some of the characters and some scenes on the HBO website, have to say Joffrey Baratheon has the most punchable face ever, which is mint character casting.



A college who I work with at me local retail stores says little things have been changed through the show, he said how when the dire wolves are first found the antler from the stag isn't in its throat, but it looks like the stag killed the dire wolf in some off-screen fight scene (and in turn was killed in the melee.)



He said there's small changes to Tyrion in some scenes, and also Sandor Clegane's appearance (the burnt face that he has). If I could get a hold of the series i'd probably make more comments on it than hearing it from hearsay.Song of Ice %26amp; Fire Fans: How do you like Game of Thrones so far?
I'm coming at it from the other end - I'm enjoying the series having never read the books - so I've just gone out and bought the first one :)



I've never yet enjoyed a TV series and _not_ the books it was based on, so I have high hopes for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment