Thursday, January 26, 2012

What do you think of A Game of Thrones: A song of fire and ice?

What do you think of the novel by george r. r. Martin? My moms best friend thinks I would love it but I'm not sure. It's more adultish then I normally read (I'm 15) but I do like how they are pretty long books. And I can't return the book because I have a kindle. I normally like books like Harry potter an hush hush by becca Fitzpatrick. Some paranormal or supernatural romance. Do you think I would like a game of thrones?What do you think of A Game of Thrones: A song of fire and ice?
Game of Thrones is very adult. It makes Harry Potter and Twilight look like Cat in the Hat. It is also a very involved, complicated story and I'm not sure what your reading ability is. I'm not disparaging you as a young reader, but this would be considered a "hard read" for many adults, even lifelong readers.



There are lots of characters and I mean LOTS of characters. There is a lot of nuance and backstory. Things that seem like trivial details in Book 1, end up being major deals by Book 3. In fact, I recommend that people keep the previous books on-hand as they read, because you're bound to come across something and think, "Wait... didn't I see that before?" Then go back and find it.



Now, if you can get past all that, I think it is the best series of books I have ever read. I'm speaking as a lifetime reader.What do you think of A Game of Thrones: A song of fire and ice?
The first opening paragraph, chapter, prologue sets the pace and tone for the rest of the series let alone the book A Game of Thrones. All you can do is give it a try, if someone has already bought it for you. It is more 'adultish' than Harry Potter, not only in content but narrative too (diction, plot, story etc.) Give it a try, its something you may enjoy in the end you will only know yourself after reading it.What do you think of A Game of Thrones: A song of fire and ice?
Will you actually not read it if a bunch of strangers on Y!A say you shouldn't?



It's a great book. Give it a try. Decide for yourself if it's something you like. It's definitely a good starting point to open up a new genre for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment