Thursday, January 26, 2012

Do you read every word in a book or skim through some parts?

I started watching the Game of Thrones TV series and have followed with the book. They are very similar and I have found myself skimming some parts of the book. Just wondering if other people do this?Do you read every word in a book or skim through some parts?
I think you're losing out on a lot of the enjoyment that comes from the whole process of reading if you are skimming or skipping parts of books. If you just want the synopsis, go read the chapter summaries. There are plenty of sites that have them.Do you read every word in a book or skim through some parts?
it depends what time of day it is for me. If it's late at night and im exhausted but can't put the book down, i find myself skipping over parts and re-read over and over the same sentence. i know then it's time to put it down even if it hurts me and get some sleep lol.

Also if im starting a new book that i havn't read before and im skeptical about it, i find it hard to get into it, it usually takes me about 50-100 pages to get into a new book.Do you read every word in a book or skim through some parts?
It depends, if I don't like the book and I have to read it for school, I skim. If it's one I enjoy, I read everything!
  • black ops zombie maps
  • the pillars of the earth
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment