Monday, January 30, 2012

When does "A Game of Thrones" start getting good?

I just started The Song of Ice and Fire's first novel A Game of Thrones mainly because of all the great reviews I have seen from it. I am currently on page 69 and I don't know what the heck is going on...Is this normal? When does the novel start to pick up and become entertaining? I'm not like a terrible reader so I'm normally able to understand things in books, but for reason this one is giving me trouble. I know that Robert wants Ned to come down but I just am not understanding this "House" system. Could someone fill me in or just give me some motivation to continue to read? haha thank you!When does "A Game of Thrones" start getting good?
I'm the same. I found reading it so painful that I got the audiobook :)



I'm listening to it now, and I can only say that I'm on chapter 6. It is rather confusing isn't it? I don't like the continuous hopping from one character to another. The only characters I'm really interested right now (and since the beginning) is Jon/Bran. Houses are just families, from what I can tell. Like House Stark is Eddard, Bran and Jon Snow (because he's Eddard (aka Ned's) bastard son). House Lannister is Tyrion and Jaime.



I recommend the audiobook if you find it hard to continue. I prolly would be as lost as you if I hadn't. I know the hunger that you're prolly feeling. "Why is this series so great when I'm so confused?"



Yeah...I really want to finish this before the TV series starts, so I don't plan on giving up.When does "A Game of Thrones" start getting good?
The first book is slightly confusing with the changing view points and huge cast of characters. But don't worry, you'll get to know them and the rest of the series will become easier.



If necessary, take notes. Maybe writing down each house and who's belongs to each one.When does "A Game of Thrones" start getting good?
I want to finish reading the book before the series premiere of Game of Thrones in HBO in April 2011.I am listening to audio book...I agree with all you people that it is very confusing...The only thing that keeps me going is that I read a lot of reviews before starting this book.All those were really positive and tv series is one of the most anticipated in 2011.
I liked them but, like you, I was put off by the beginning and it was not 'till I read it a second time that I fully began to appreciate it... if that makes sense. My advice is to stick it through and finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment