Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Game of Thrones ...Opps?

I am reading a game of thrones and loving it but... I was talking to my friend about the book and he spills the beans on the whole series. I was Pissed! He told me who dies who lives and who everyone thinks dies but actually comes back in a later book. I don't know if ill enjoy the series anymore should I keep reading? Is the more to the series then what i already been told?



He basically told me that two certain people die in the series and one certain family lives so far. I told him to keep quiet but he's an ***. PLEASE NO SPOILERSA Game of Thrones ...Opps?
I don't think that knowing who dies and who lives spoils the book too much, because it's also really well written. It's kind of like saying that Star Wars isn't worth watching if you know the connection between Luke and Vader going in to it, sure it kind of ruins the surprise of New Hope and Empire but there's still a great story and fantastic effects there.

And if all that's been spoiled is who lives and who dies there's still a ton that happens that isn't death. The amount of backstabbing and betrayal that take place in that series is ridiculous. And there's all the stuff that takes place on the seperate continent far away from Westeros and there's the stuff in the desert, and... there's SO MUCH that happens, it would be a shame to disregard the entire series just because of the few spoilers you've learned.

The book currently has 4 books out and the 5th comes out this year. I say that with a bit of a hopeful tone to my typing because we've been anticipating the 5th book for close to 5 years now, but you can't rush these things and it's going to be amazing so I can't really complain.

You've reminded me that I have to go refresh myself on what happens in the first 4 books so I'll be ready when the 5th book comes out. I'm really excited about and there's SO MUCH that has yet to be revealed. It does sound like your friend was a bit of a jerk if he spoiled that much of it for you, but trust me it sounds like he also left out some things which will blow your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment