Monday, January 30, 2012

Has anybody read "Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin?

I like reading books that are going to be turned into movies/shows and recently I watched Game of Thrones on HBO and I like the show so far so I want to read the series its from called "A Song of Ice and Fire". Had anybody read the whole series? Is it a complex read since it is set in middle ages? Can somebody give me a basic summary without any spoilers?Has anybody read "Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin?
I've read the whole series. Several times, in fact. I am eagerly awaiting the last book. People who think it's boring likely don't have the reading ability and/or the patience for an epic. This is not an easy read. There are hundreds of characters to keep straight and lots of very subtle sub-plots. It's impossible to give you a summary without spoilers. Very basically, this series is loosely based off of the Wars of the Roses, according to the author. There are several powerful noble families all vying for the seat of power. The 'game of thrones' is about positioning yourself and intrigue in the quest for power. There are very few black/white characters, but a whole lot of different shades of grey. If you like your heroes with white hats and your villians with black hats, this isn't for you. It is very adult, very dark and very gritty.Has anybody read "Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin?
I haven't read it but it seems that everyone around me did, and they are driving me crazy with it. It's a commercial piece of **** which I started to read but gave up because it was too boring.



Basically it's about several families and the characters who fight over some stupidities... Too childish.

No comments:

Post a Comment