Thursday, January 26, 2012

Game of Thrones: Which passage to read to class?

Hi everyone!

So, over the last summer holidays we got the assignment to read an English book by our English teacher (I'm German), so that we can present it to the class.

As you probably guessed, I chose Game of Thrones (haven't watched the series tho),

and now, with the plot and narrative already being way harder to explain than with "linear" novels,

I've also got to choose a passage from it to read to my class so they get a bit of a feel for it.

And here's my problem.. the book is just so huge that I can't think of a passage to choose that would do it justice..

Right now I have two in mind:

-Tyrion challenging Lisa Arryn to let the gods decide his fate (in a fight)

-The imo very epic speech at the end arguing why Robb should be king of the North



So, my question to you is, if you had to pick one passage to read to your class, which would you pick?

Or, is there any particular passage you remember that stood out to you?Game of Thrones: Which passage to read to class?
Good suggestions! I think you should talk about the dire wolves at the beginning, how they found them and each stark got a dire wolf, Because it also alludes to SPOILER... the death of ned stark. The dire wolf is the stark house sigil, and the Baratheon is the black stag, the same kind of animal that killed the dire wolf in the beginning!



Also, you could write about Arya's "dancing" lessons, but idk I'm a really big arya fan, especially after finishing AFFC.Game of Thrones: Which passage to read to class?
Thanks for your answer!

I actually did think of the direwolf scene at first too,

but then maybe thought it wouldn't have a lot to tell about the feel of the novel..

oh well, I did choose to read it in the end tho ^^

Although the plot was too complex for most of my class to understand anyway...

Report Abuse

  • chrome download
  • deathly hallows part 2 trailer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment