Thursday, January 26, 2012

Game of thrones question?

I just started the first book and naturally, I don't know things already. I have one question: are Others and Wights the same thing? If not, what are they.Game of thrones question?
I'll try to explain this to the best of my understanding and ability, hopefully without spoiling anything. In a sense, you could perhaps think of a wight as being somewhat the same as one of the Others. A wight is essentially a dead body being used by the Others, a corpse essentially possessed by the Others, I guess you could say. So, a wight is somewhat the same as one of the Others, since it is in a sense possessed by the Others and therefore acting accordingly.



Best wishes!Game of thrones question?
The Others are formidable creatures of extreme cold only found beyond the Wall that have been believed dead/extinct for a thousand years. If a person dies beyond the Wall and the Others find them, the body will become a wight - a reanimated corpse.

No comments:

Post a Comment