Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How can I clear my hard drive that's in a broken Dell laptop that won't power up so I can sell it for parts?

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that has a broken dc jack and I can't charge the battery therefor the laptop won't turn on so I can clear the contents. I want to sell it on ebay for parts or something but not with all my info. Is there a way to clear the hard drive? Can I take it somewhere or anything for relatively cheap?How can I clear my hard drive that's in a broken Dell laptop that won't power up so I can sell it for parts?The drive can be attached to another laptop or desktop as an external drive. It can then be formatted. Keep in mind that formatting does not clear all the information, overwriting it multiple times with garbage does a much better job. Find someone else with the same laptop and swap batteries long enough to charge yours, then run a program to wipe the drive.How can I clear my hard drive that's in a broken Dell laptop that won't power up so I can sell it for parts?
format the c driveHow can I clear my hard drive that's in a broken Dell laptop that won't power up so I can sell it for parts?usually a used hard drive has bad sectors and if u cant turn on the comp. then u cant format the hard drive that is clear the contentsHow can I clear my hard drive that's in a broken Dell laptop that won't power up so I can sell it for parts?
Merely formatting the hard drive will not do the job you seek. It must be overwritten at least 7 times (DoD standards) to prevent anyone from extracting data.

I use 'Erase' for this kind of work. It's free. Google for download site.How can I clear my hard drive that's in a broken Dell laptop that won't power up so I can sell it for parts?Very large magnets (hard drives store data using tiny magnetic fields).How can I clear my hard drive that's in a broken Dell laptop that won't power up so I can sell it for parts?
Don't risk it... the best thing to do is..... and i know this will be hard for you to do..... is to smash it to bits with a big hammer... forget ebay... keep your data safe... never mind the money... your data is more than worth a few quid... Smash it.... crush it... stamp on it.... drownd it... just destroy it... it's the only way you can be sure your data is safe... bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment