Saturday, February 18, 2012

I got a windows XP CD that was given with the purchase of a Dell computer, will it work on another computer?

I want toi keep my old windows XP CD just incase my other versions of windows crashes or somethingt. Will the Dell windows XP CD work on another computer? The windows XP CD doesn't look different at all and I don't see anything on the box that tells you not too.I got a windows XP CD that was given with the purchase of a Dell computer, will it work on another computer?A lot of times a Dell Windows CD will only work on a Dell computer. It's like they have special CD's made so that you can't do what you are talking about.



You are only supposed to have your XP in one machine, but that doesn't mean that you can't transfer your copy from one computer to a newer one by transferring the hard drive and repairing the installation with your CD, but if it's not a Dell that might not work either.I got a windows XP CD that was given with the purchase of a Dell computer, will it work on another computer?It will work but technically you are only supposed to use one copy for each computer. If the other computer came with XP but you just need to reinstall it that would be okay. It will work fine though I would just go ahead and use it. I don't think they even sell XP anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment