Sunday, February 12, 2012

Can I plug the hard drive I pulled out of my old Dell laptop to a PC and save the data in it?

I pulled the HTS548060M9AT00 Hard drive out of my old (not powering up) Dell Inspiron 6000. Can I use some sort of USB cable to plug that hard drive into my home PC an save the data stored in it? I can count 21 to 23 pins on the male part of the HD.Can I plug the hard drive I pulled out of my old Dell laptop to a PC and save the data in it?Buy a "OTB" usb 2.0 to sata/ide cable adaptor. I picked one up for $25



You dont need a case If you only need to pull info from the HDD.



This cable will allow you to use any HDD 2.5" 3.5" sata or Ide. including laptop Drives and cd/romCan I plug the hard drive I pulled out of my old Dell laptop to a PC and save the data in it?Get an "external drive enclosure" for the type of drive you have.



It will be ATA/IDE format and you need a 2.5inch enclosure if a laptop disk or 3.5inch enclosure if a desktop disk.



Once connected up you can just plug in the USB lead and read it like an external drive.Can I plug the hard drive I pulled out of my old Dell laptop to a PC and save the data in it?Yes, I have retrieved the hard drives from my old computers and had them mounted in external enclosures which I can access with a USB port so that I can keep that data without cluttering up my new hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment