Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do I reset my Dell Battery Meter?

I just got a new battery for my Dell Latitude D830, its running Windows Vista. I charged the new battery as instructed, and now the meter is inaccurate. The computer will randomly cut off at 47% battery without giving any warning.How do I reset my Dell Battery Meter?You could try charging the battery fully, then allowing it to discharge until it dies. Then charge the battery again with the computer off until it fully charges. Other than that, there is no other way. If this does not work, then you may have purchased a faulty battery and need to get another one. Hopefully it has a warranty.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the battery itself is a little defective. When purchasing new Dell laptop batteries, always check for safety certifications to ensure that it's a safe and standardized battery. Also, see if the seller or manufacturer explains that they use top-grade cells, so that you get only the best Dell Latitude battery.

    ReplyDelete