Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Can i use a maxtor hard drive with my dell desktop computer?

I have a brand new maxtor hard drive and i have a dell desktop computer that needs a hard drive. I need to put it in the computer but i need to know if i can because im not sure if i can. I was looking at it and i don't see where it connects at. I need to know if it connects to the dell computer or even if anybody knows how to connect it or where i can learn how to connect it at please let me know.Can i use a maxtor hard drive with my dell desktop computer?Yes you can. All hard drives, regardless of brands, come with standard interface and power connectors. But if your computer's power supply uses SATA interface and your Maxtor hard drive is an IDE, then you need to buy a SATA/IDE cable converter.Can i use a maxtor hard drive with my dell desktop computer?Replacing an IDE hard drive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnEga6ga5鈥?/a>



Couldn't find a video of replacing a SATA drive, but it's the same thing only the cabling is slightly different.





Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment