Saturday, February 18, 2012

I have a Sony Handycam TVR280 and have been trying to import video to my DELL inspiron. How do I do it?

I have a Sony Handycam TVR280 and have been trying to import video to my DELL inspiron. I connected the USB cables that were provided and installed the "Picture Package" software, and still my laptop does not recognize the camcorder. I have videos that I want to edit with Windows Movie Maker.I have a Sony Handycam TVR280 and have been trying to import video to my DELL inspiron. How do I do it?Yeah. The USB cable is for importing still photographs your camera takes onto a computer. Most new MiniDV camcorders record video and still pictures. The still pictures usually go onto a separate memory card.



Since video requires a much faster way of transferring data, you need to get a cable called Firewire or it's technical name, IEEE-1394. Ask someone at your local electronics store to help you with it. Once you plug it in and turn your camera on, it should immediately run itself.I have a Sony Handycam TVR280 and have been trying to import video to my DELL inspiron. How do I do it?First of all, are you sure the USB cable is supposed to transfer video or just still photos? I would think that pluggin in the Camera via USB would show up as a drive letter in your Windows Explorer (If Sony is smart in their design). If it shows up as a drive letter, you should be able to drag and drop files into a folder on your local hard drive for editing (assuming they are in a standard .mpg or .avi file format).

Also, Windows Movie Maker would not be a good choice for editing as it's too cheesy and does not give professional results. Try something like Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas or Sony Video Studio.
  • kuryakyn
  • google crome
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment