Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dell laptop monitor flickering when it switches between battery power and mains supply. Why?

I just got a new battery for my Dell 9300 laptop because the old one was dead. But I now quite often have the laptop continuously switching between the two power sources - as indicated by the power icon - and this makes the screen flicker.



Could this be the new battery? Could the power pack be faulty? Why does it keep switching between the two power sources even when the battery is at least 30% charged?Dell laptop monitor flickering when it switches between battery power and mains supply. Why?I have experience with Dell Latitudes. I have seen your issues before and the system board is where I would start.



Is the system under warranty? support.dell.com



Do you have the old battery, if you put is back in does the issue remain?



Go to a batteries plus and have them test your new battery and or have then install a temp one to see if the issues goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment